As of October 16, 2018, Google restricted the use of its maps.
In iiko, we use Google maps in the delivery call center: when opening a heatmap and in the order window.
Now, to use Google services, each user has to obtain an API key.
iikoCloud users will have this key configured by our help desk personnel.
If you use your own server, you’ll have to do it yourself:
- Sign in to your Google account.
- Go to Google Maps Platform.
- Click Get Started.
- Choose Maps and click CONTINUE.
- Specify the project name and confirm that you agree with the terms of service, then click NEXT.
- If you plan to use a billing account, click CREATE BILLING ACCOUNT. Proceed to §7.
If you don’t want to use a fee-based account, click CANCEL. Proceed to §9. Using a free-of-charge account, you may open a heatmap once a day while in iikoOffice and use it without closing it, or once a day, view the map from a delivery record.
For more details on the free-of-charge account options and the cost of map service, please check Pricing & Plans.
- Select your country, agree to the terms of service, select whether to receive email updates and click AGREE AND CONTINUE.
- Enter your information and bank card details. Click START MY FREE TRIAL.
When you sign up, you get $300 to spend on Google Cloud Platform over the next 12 months. Once the credit is depleted, you will have to upgrade to a standard account or migrate your data.
- Click Console. You will be taken to the Google Cloud Platform Console.
- Go to APIs & Services > Library.
- Go back to APIs & Services from the menu at the top left and click Credentials.
- Click Create credentials > API Key.
- The key will be generated automatically. Click RESTRICT KEY.
- Check your settings and click Save.
- Open the resto.properties file and paste the parameter:
Your API key shall go after the equal sign where asterisks are shown.
- Restart the iiko server.