In iikoCard settings, you can set up global parameters of the system. For this:
- While at iiko.biz, go to iikoCard > Settings.
|iikoCard settings are only available to a user that has the “Outlet setup” permission. Here you have only those organizations, for which you have this permission enabled. For details, see User Permissions.|
- Select an organization. iikoCard settings will only apply to the selected organization.
- Click Save.
It takes about a minute for the changes to apply.
- The iikoCard is on parameter makes iikoCard work: syncing with POS, exchanging customer details, calculating balances, order details. It syncs with the same parameter in iikoOffice.
- In the Guest authentication field, specify how the system should identify a guest and which account should be used to pay an order. Select one or more items:
- By card. A cashier swipes the guest’s card or enters the card number.
- By phone number. A cashier enters a guest’s phone number.
- Specify a guest’s consent to processing his or her personal details in the Default personal data processing consent status field: Full name, telephone, email, and so on. All new guests will have this status set by default. If a guest decides otherwise, select another status in the guest record. Available options:
- Not specified. A guest was not asked to provide consent or it had been before the protection regulation was effected and so did not comply with an agreement text.
- Consent given. You may store the guest’s personal data.
- Consent withheld. You may not store the guest’s personal data. If some of your guests registered in the system did not provide such consent, you have to anonymize their personal data. For this, please contact the iiko help desk. If anonymized, a guest record will be marked as deleted and all the fields will show “Anonymized.”
- To protect your guests’ personal data like names, phone numbers, and order history, check the Encrypt guest details on POS servers item. In this case, the database located in the C:\Users\iikoCardPOS\AppData\Roaming\iiko directory will be encrypted.
- To avoid using another guest’s account, check Verification by telephone number when adding guest to order. Then, when you take an order from this guest, he or she would receive a code on a mobile phone, and you would see a window in iikoFront where you have to enter this code. The message type (PUSH or SMS) is defined by SMS settings in iikoOffice. This setting applies to all the programs.
You may enable guest verification only when the order payment is made for each program separately. For this, use the same setting in the Payment From Account action.
- To avoid any mistakes made when entering a customer’s telephone number at the time of registration, check the Verification by telephone number when adding guests item. In this case, a guest would receive a confirmation code by SMS. To complete the registration, you need to enter this code in iikoFront. If the code is correct, the guest would be added to the database.
- If there is no connection to the RMS server or an SMS balance is insufficient, you may set the system to forbid the payment or adding a guest to an order. For this, check Verification by telephone number in case of zero SMS balance/no service. The item is unchecked by default, in which case, a verification code is not sent to a guest—he or she will be added to the order automatically without verification.
- You are able to change a cash terminal password in the Connection parameters (only for iikoRMS < 5.1) block. It is used in the payment type settings to establish a connection between iikoRMS and iikoCard (see Payment Method for version 5.0 and older).
Send Emails To Customers
Use iikoCard, to send emails to your customers. You can do it via your own mail server or any other service, like Gmail or Hotbox.
|If you don’t set up an SMTP server for your outgoing emails, your customers would not be able to receive emails. Only birthday reminders will work.|
For this, check the Send emails using own SMTP server item and specify the parameters:
- SMTP server name. The address of your SMTP server that will be used to send out emails.
- Outgoing mail server port. 25 by default.
- Username and password.
- From address. Sender’s email address.
- Use SSL secured connection.
To make sure your settings are correct, click Test SMTP server settings.
Mobile App Settings
Here you can set your iikoCard mobile app. For details, please see the Mobile App article.
Google Pay & Apple Wallet
Use these tabs to set up iikoWallet—an electronic loyalty card in the customer’s mobile. For details, please see the iikoWallet Digital Card article.