Guests are visitors to your venue or employees of a company you provide catering service to, who take meals at your restaurant.
At iiko.biz, you can add new guests to your database, manually credit or debit their accounts, and view their visiting details.
In iikoOffice, your iikoCard guests are registered in the Guests of banquets and reservations directory. At the same time, your new guests (delivery and dine-in orders) are also registered in the iikoCard database. Such synchronization makes the system able to recognize your guests (delivery and dine-in orders) and use their discounts, bonus points, or iikoCard deposits.
All your guests are stored in iikoCard > Guests. The guest list is blank by default. To see a complete list, select a company and press Update.
The list provides the following details:
- Telephone ‒ guest's phone number specified at the card registration.
- Name ‒ guest's name in the same field of his/her record.
- Birthday ‒ guest's date of birth.
- Email ‒ guest’s email. It may be included in the mailing list.
- Card No. ‒ a registered card linked to a guest.
- Comment ‒ some additional information.
- Guest registration date ‒ date and time of the guest's registration in iikoCard.
- Categories ‒ list of guest categories.
- Orders ‒ number of orders made by a guest for the entire time.
- Total ‒ total of all orders made by a guest for the entire time.
- Average bill ‒ total/number of orders.
- Last visit ‒ date of the most recent order made by a guest.
- Last promotional SMS ‒ date of the most recent advertising message.
To find out which guests take part in a campaign, select it in the Program field and click Update.
|The Balance field is shown only when you select a particular program. |
You can add new guests one by one or in bulk.
To add one guest:
- Sign in to iiko.biz.
- Go to iikoCard > Guests.
- Click Actions > Create.
- Enter the following details:
- Telephone. It is a required field; key in the number in the following format +1<telephone number>.
- Track number and Card number.
- Employee ID. This data is used in corporate catering reports.
- Last name, First name, Middle name.
- Date of birth. It is used in the mailing lists or campaigns where the Birthday condition is applied.
- Sex. This parameter might be of help to filter out guests or to make a proper address when printing birthday greetings on a receipt.
- Email. Used for SMS & Email.
- Consent to personal data processing ‒ specify if a guest agrees to the processing of his or her personal data: Full name, date of birth, telephone, email, etc. The default value is specified in the global settings.
- Referrer. Usually, it is specified in iikoFront when your venue is referred to a guest by his or her friend already registered in iikoCard. For details, see the Referral Program article.
- Comment ‒ some additional information.
- Specify which categories shall a guest fall into. New guests may have some categories assigned by default ‒ those are checked. For details, see the Guest Categories article.
- To unsubscribe a guest from a mailing list, uncheck the Subscribed to Emails & SMS item. You can change this parameter at any time. For details, please refer to the SMS & Email article.
- Click Save.
When you register a new card in iikoFront, a new customer is automatically added to your database.
You can change his or her details at any time. For this, while on the same tab (Guests), choose the required item, make changes, and click Save.
If some of your customers no longer participate in loyalty programs, you may remove them from the system. They will not be permanently deleted but rather deactivated.
To remove several customers at a time, follow this:
- Select customers using filters or a search bar. For instance, the ones that belong to one category. The system will remove only those customers that are given on the list. If you do not use any filters, all the customers will be deactivated.
- Click Delete.
- Confirm the removal.
To activate removed customers:
- Check Show inactive.
- Select the required customers using filters or a search bar.
- Click Restore.
|You are allowed to remove and restore customer records only if you have the Outlet Setup permission. |
You can remove or restore only one customer at a time. For this, open their record, check or uncheck the Active item and click Save.
Using a CSV file, you can add more than one customer at a time. In which case, customers (guests) will be imported into the directory of the selected company, but will not be included in either of the programs.
If you want to include some customers into a particular program or top up their accounts, import guests’ balances.
To import several guests at a time:
- Prepare a CSV file.
- Go to iikoCard > Guests.
- Click Import guests.
- Browse to the file you have prepared.
- Specify a field separator: comma or semicolon.
- Select the file coding.
- An error may occur during the import if, for instance, a telephone number has an invalid format or there are duplicates. To avoid import interruptions in case of any inconsistencies, check Allow partial import. In this case, the system will skip the rows that contain errors and complete the import. If unchecked, the import of guests will end when the first error occurs.
- Specify the categories your guests shall fall into.
- If your file contains many entries, the import may take long. For this reason, the system sends import results to your (or any other logged in user) email. Enter another email if you need.
- Click Import. You can download the import file with errors (if any) using the link that will be made available once the operation is complete. Check your email specified in §9 as well.
Some conflicts may occur during the import, for instance, the system identifies a guest by the telephone number but he or she has no card with the specified number or track. In this case:
- The guest will have a new card number taken from the file if there are no guests with the same number or track.
- If the system identifies a duplicate number or track in the file, the import will stop or the line skipped. This depends on whether or not Allow partial import is checked.
To change customer details, you may reimport the CSV file. In which case, you are able to edit any of the fields save for a telephone number and the current order total.
CSV File Format
File prepared for a bulk import of guests shall have the UTF-8 or Windows-1251 encoding.
Sample CSV file:
+44202128506;11111;John Smith;email@example.com;21.05.1956;John;Smith;London, Cannon Street 22;0;1;0
Description of CSV file columns:
- phone ‒ phone number in the international format. For the United Kingdom, it is +44206543210
- track_1 ‒ magnetic card track. If a guest has more than one card at an outlet, specify each track in a separate column track_1, track_2, track_3, etc. The number of columns is unlimited.
- number_1 ‒ magnetic card number. If a guest has more than one card at an outlet, specify each number in a separate column number_1, number_2, number_3, etc. The number of columns is unlimited.
- email ‒ guest's email address.
- birthday ‒ guest's birthday.
- name ‒ guest's first name.
- last_name ‒ guest's last name.
- middle_name ‒ guest's middle name.
- receive_promo ‒ the Subscribed to Emails and SMS setting in the customer record.
- deleted ‒ customer is marked as deleted.
- current_order_sum ‒ current total amount of all orders made by a guest.
Other articles in this section: