Your customers may use the iikoCard mobile app to:
- Learn about campaigns currently held at your restaurant.
- View their accounts and balances.
- Check their order items and discounts they get or bonus points acquired (only in the Restaurant mode).
- Pay an order from any account: bonus or deposit (only in the Restaurant mode).
A payment method depends on the venue’s service type:
- Restaurant. A guest receives a promotion code printed on a guest bill and enters it in an app. To pay an order, a guest shall select an account. A payment method was configured before. It shall specify active programs.
- Fast food. A guest shows a barcode generated in the app, and a cashier scans it. The system recognizes the guest, applies a discount and accrues bonus points. If he or she wants to use bonus points, a cashier chooses the payment type preconfigured for a bonus program.
You are able to configure all the content given in the app: restaurant description, list of active campaigns and even the layout. The settings apply to all the restaurants that belong to one chain at iiko.biz.
- Enter iiko.biz as an admin.
- Go to iikoCard5 > Settings and select the Mobile application settings tab.
- Select your company or chain.
- Select the Service type: restaurant or fast food. The app appearance depends on the service type and how a guest pays an order - with a promotion code or a barcode.
- Add your restaurant’s logo and a picture.
- If you don’t want the system sending an SMS to your guests as they log in to an app, uncheck the Verify customer number by SMS item.
- Enter a detailed Restaurant description.
- Make your app look comply with your restaurant’s corporate design. For this, choose corresponding interface colors.
Non-depressed menu button
Text block separator
- Make a list of active campaigns. Your guests will see this list in the app and know which discounts are currently available. To make a list of campaigns:
- Click Create.
- Enter the campaign’s name and specify the validity period.
- Add campaign images: small and large.
- Provide a detailed description of the campaign terms in the Campaign description field.
- Click Save.
- Repeat the same for the next campaign on the list.
- Click Save.
Registration and sign-in
To pay orders via the app and manage accounts, a customer has to register and sign in to the app. For this, a guest shall:
- Open the app and tap Sign In.
- Enter his/her phone number and tap Next.
- Wait for an SMS with a password, enter it in the app and tap Next. If no SMS comes, tap Retry to send the password again.
As a result, a new customer will be created in iikoCard.
If a customer signs out, accounts would no longer be available. He or she would have to sign in again. The process is similar to the registration: enter a phone number and a password received in SMS.
Once a promo code is entered or a barcode scanned (in case of an active bonus program), the system would automatically create a bonus account for your customer.
Let’s consider payment scenarios in both table service and counter service restaurants. Assume a customer has already installed the app and registered.
Order payment in a table service restaurant:
- A guest makes an order. Once served, he or she asks for a bill.
- A server comes back with a guest bill with a code printed on it.
- A guest opens the app, enters the code and taps OK.
- In the app, a guest sees his/her order, discounts and accounts. Selects an account to pay an order from and taps Save.
- In iikoFront, a cashier switches to the Cash register screen and sees the payment type.
- If an order is not paid in full from the customer’s account, a cashier adds one more payment method to pay the remaining amount and taps the Pay button.
In the fast food mode, a customer sees only the campaigns and may choose to participate: when to visit a restaurant and which items to order to get a discount, a gift, etc.
Order payment in a counter service restaurant:
- A guest makes an order and opens the app where he/she sees a barcode.
- A cashier scans a barcode right from the guest’s mobile phone screen. A guest is assigned to an order and discounts apply.
- If a guest already has some bonus points and he or she wants to use them, a cashier, while on the Cash register screen, selects the iikoCard Bonuses payment type and enters the number of points to be written off.
- The cashier adds one more payment method to pay the remaining amount and taps the Pay button.