The program may include several marketing campaigns that share settings, for instance, the duration and account type.
Creating a Program
To create a new program:
- Sign in to iiko.biz.
- Go to iikoCard > Programs.
- Click Create.
- Enter the program Name and Period of Validity.
- Specify the Program type. Depending on the program type, you might be required to create a customer’s account and make certain settings. Select one of the options:
Once the program is created, you will not be able to change its type.
- Discounts, Gifts, Combo (no account). The type is used to create a program for discounts, gifts or selling combos. The system does not create a customer’s account within this program. While in the campaign builder, you are not able to check the account balance, top it up, and pay from the account.
- Monetary Program. Use this type to create deposit programs and corporate catering programs. An account is created for a customer or company which can be topped up and used to pay orders. The account balance is given in currency, for instance, the euro.
- Rewards Program. Customers participating in this program have an account created, which is used to accumulate rewards. A customer may use them to pay orders in full or in part. See Rewards Program.
- Food Program. The system creates an account for a customer to keep the information on the number of meals rather than the amount of money. Use this program to sell subscription-based products. See an example in the Item Subscription article.
- Gift Card Program. It is used to issue and manage gift cards. A customer purchases a gift card and gives it to a friend. Then, this person shows up at a restaurant and redeems the card. There may be only one gift card program in the system.
- For how to set up such programs and use them, check the Gift Cards article.
- As may be required, enter your Comment.
- Check the Active item.
- Check the Send SMS to customers if balance changes item so that your customers get notified if any top-ups or deductions take place on their account.
This setting is required to send notifications when the following actions are performed: “Payment from account”, “Top up account for amount”, and “Top up account for % of order amount”. You can change the default message text for such actions. The setting does not affect the “Send SMS to customer” action.
Your customers would receive messages if the Subscribed to newsletters item is checked in their files.
According to the corporate catering program settings, the company’s staff do not receive account balance notifications. Therefore, uncheck the Send SMS to customers if balance changes item.
Before you send it our, check the SMS balance.
- In the program created for a restaurant chain, you can specify where it should be used:
- If the program must work in the entire chain, check Program is active across all chain outlets.
- If the program must work in some of the outlets, uncheck the item and select the required outlets.
- Press Save.
To deactivate the program:
- While at iiko.biz, go to iikoCard > Programs.
- Click Edit opposite the selected program.
- On the appearing page, uncheck Active.
- Press Save.
To view inactive programs, check Show Inactive on the iikoCard > Programs page. All inactive programs will not have a check in the Active column.
Your customers may take part in several campaigns at the same time: they may get a discount and pay an order with account funds. The order according to which such campaigns are used affects the final total price.
As a general rule, programs are applied the following way:
- First, a guest is given a discount for an item or order (discount programs and special prices).
- Then a guest may use bonus points that have been accumulated by him/her by the time of payment (bonus programs).
- After all this, the funds are deducted from the guest's account (deposit or limit programs).