An OLAP report differs from a standard report in that you define the parameters you want to retrieve information on. In iiko these reports can be built for analyzing any type of data. For example, revenue amounts, popular dishes, employees' performance, product usage etc.
If an outlet is a part of a chain which is centrally managed via iikoChain, OLAP reports can be set centrally in iikoChain and then replicated in RMS. You cannot edit or delete these "centralized" OLAP reports in individual outlets.
When a replication takes place, iikoRMS reports are replaced by name with the same centralized ones imported from iikoChain.
There are two kinds of OLAP reports in the system:
- OLAP Sales Report for the analysis of any information by posted bills. For the definitions of the report parameters and their computation, see Fields of OLAP Sales Report.
- OLAP Transactions Report for analysis of information on registered transactions. A transaction is a reflection any operation resulting in cash flow in internal system accounts.
For example, in the sales report you can view information on the number of dishes sold and the number of guests purchasing them every day. To see how the ingredients of sold dishes were written off, you have to use the Transactions Report. This is linked to the fact that a sale for system is not only money received from a guest, but also the write-off of goods (which are ingredients) from storage. Each write-off is a separate transaction.
These reports can be found in the Reports menu item. An OLAP Sales Report can be also built from the till shift list (in Retail Sales | Till Shifts select the desired shifts, then click the Actions button and select Create new OLAP report).
Reports on revenue amount analysis are already preconfigured in the OLAP Sales Report. To create one of these reports, just select its name in the Report Format field.
To add a new report, follow this:
- Drag and drop the parameters to the data area.
- Click Save as.
- Enter the name and select the report type:
- For all users - the report is available to all users.
- Only for me - the report is available only to the author.
- Click Save.
A user granted the Edit shared OLAP reports (B_ESOR) permission is able to create and edit all reports including the shared ones.
If a user has no such permission, he or she may create and save only personal reports. Such a user may only read and edit but not save shared reports.
Indicators that might be added to the report are on the right arranged in alphabetical order. There is a group given under the name of each indicator, into which it falls.
To create a report, drag the buttons with required parameters and drop into the areas of rows, columns or table data. The area where you are able to place the parameter will be highlighted in blue.
For an easy search of the required indicator, enter its name in the search bar:
All the parameter are divided into groups The group name button is highlighted in blue. If pressed and, therefore, not highlighted any longer, the buttons with the parameters corresponding to this group will disappear from the list. For example, if you are not interested in which serving place (section) the item was ordered in, and which cash register an order was closed on while creating a report, then you can hide the Organization group parameters.
As a further selection, report data can be limited to only one or more values of the required parameter. For this:
- Hover the cursor over the right part of the parameter button and click on the icon. If several values correspond to a parameter, a list of them will open.
- Select one or more selection values and click OK.
There is a procedure to shortlist the parameter values using a certain type of filtration:
- Including: the report will provide the data only for the checked values. Items which were not on the list when the filter was set, will not be included into the report hereafter (e.g. if there are new items, they will not be included into the sales report).
- Excluding: the report will cover all the data except for the checked ones. To choose this type, click Including and it will change the caption and the Excluding type will be applied.
Check the Revenue from items by cash registers with different filter types for how filters work.
Filtered indicators will turn dark and will be moved to the head of the list, if they had not been added to the line, column or table data areas.
The report can be saved. In this case, you will not need to set the desired parameters again, but this report will contain up-to-date data when it is opened.
If you are creating or recreating a report which contains a lot of data, we recommend that you deselect the Automatic Update field as it may slow down the report creation process considerably. If this field is checked, then all report data changes are tracked in real time and are immediately reflected in the report.
You can retrieve information on sales and transactions registered in iiko on the internet using web reports on sales and transactions.