To configure the structure and the order of interaction between units in your company, use the following items:
- Legal Entity
- Organization Department
- HQ, main storage
Each of those has a number of specific settings. Both the HQ and the main storage have the same set of indicators just as production.
The system has certain rules for the hierarchy development. For instance, a storage may belong only to an outlet or production facility rather than the corporation itself.
Go to the Properties block to set up the corporation:
- Name and description
- Numerator template For details, see the Document Numbering article.
- GLN—company number in the EDI system.
Euro is the default currency used in accounting, settlements with guests, financial performance management, and reporting. This is configured at the corporate level and is valid for all chain subdivisions.
To set up the Currency, follow this:
- In the Currency field, select the type of the monetary unit used for financial accounting in iiko.
- In the Graphic interface field, enter the main currency symbol that will be displayed in the system windows.
- Use the In reports field, to enter the symbol of the main and additional (fractional) monetary units used in the system-generated reports, and the currency numeric code.
- In the Displaying in iikoFront block, set up the currency for the cash register interface:
- Show fractional digits.
- Show currency symbols next to amounts.
- Location of the currency symbol relative to amounts: at the beginning or at the end.
- Specify Banknote denominations to be displayed on input buttons in iikoFront.
In the Rounding block:
- Set up the price rounding. To enable remainder-free settlements with guests, you can set up the price rounding to the smallest banknote denomination. For instance, set rounding off to 50 money units. In which case, the amounts that are less than or equal to 25 are dropped, but amounts that exceed 25 are rounded up to 50. So, 123.45 will be rounded down to 100, and 125.10 will be rounded up to 150. Discounted (or increased) prices are rounded after discounts/surcharges are applied.
- Accuracy of amounts in iikoOffice—a number of decimal places in the monetary values (price, net cost, amount, etc.). If “0” is selected, integer values will be used.
- Check Round off order price to whole number in guest’s favor to round off an order price to the Euro by dropping cents. If an order total is a fractional number, a discount will be applied to drop cents which cannot be removed from the order. Rounding takes place regardless of the payment type: fiscal or not, whether iikoCard bonus points are used or not. The amount of dropped cents accumulates on a special account and will be included in a service acceptance record. A discount, account, and service shall be specified in the Rounding in Guest’s Favor settings on the Service Fee tab.
You can enable the acceptance of payments in different currencies. In this case, amounts paid in additional currencies will be converted at the specified exchange rate to carry out financial accounting.
To take payments in different currencies, follow this:
- Create additional currencies in the list of currencies. For this, see List of Currencies.
- Set the exchange rate for the main monetary unit. For more details, see Exchange Rates.
You can specify symbols to separate amounts of money in iiko. For instance, you may change the separator between integral and fractional parts from comma to period, and a separator between digit orders can also be changed from space to comma: 123,456,789.00. Quantitative indicators in reports are also displayed with the preset separators. These parameters are set in the Windows regional settings (Control Panel > Region and Language > the Additional Settings button > the Numbers tab in the Customize Format window).
Select a corporate logo and document design in the Logos block.
Set up the General preparation chart—add production place types that can be used in outlets. Their names will be used throughout the corporation and appear to be the mandatory property of all items on sale. At the time of the outlet setup, each type of production place shall be linked to a storage to write off ingredients of items that correspond to that type. This way you could make your chain to have one shared price list and one and the same set of items, only that their ingredients will be written off from different storages.
In the Personal data and notifications block:
- Check Require consent to personal data processing so that employees would ask new guests for permission to process and store their personal data. Thus, guest files in iikoChain and iikoFront would have the Consent to personal data processing field available.
- Check By default, new guests are notified of the order status so that all new delivery customers would receive SMS notifications of order changes. This parameter does not affect existing customers.
Document settings block:
- Specify the time that will be used to submit inventory documents unless changed manually. To change the time at the document creation, the user must have the “Edit document time” (B_CEDT) permission. Set the default document submission time. You are able to select one of the options for each document type: current time, specified time or shift closing time.
- If you check the Use barcodes when creating documents item, users will be able to add products to inventory documents using barcodes (the Barcode column will appear).
- If, at the time of inventory reconciliation, you usually don’t have any prepared meals or components, check the Skip the first step of inventory reconciliation item. In this case, the inventory reconciliation would start from the second step—input of the remaining number of meals and goods that have been registered by cooking and receipt documents.
- The value in the Date cannot fall beyond the actual date by more than: field won’t let you create documents on future dates. If you try to register a document, the date of which exceeds the current one for the specified value, the system will give you a warning. This helps avoid errors when specifying the document date.
- In the VAT in purchase prices field, specify the way the system should show prices in price lists, purchase, expenditure, and return invoices, service acceptance, and provision records:
- VAT included. Documents show the price per packing unit with VAT. If the VAT rate changes, the Amount w/o VAT is recalculated. Suppose you purchase 1 kg of bananas for €5 (with VAT), VAT rate = 20%. Amount w/o VAT = €4.16, VAT amount = €0.84.
- VAT excluded. Documents show prices w/o VAT. If the VAT rate changes, the Amount with VAT is recalculated. Suppose you purchase 1 kg of bananas for €5 (w/o VAT), VAT rate = 20%. Amount with VAT = €6, VAT amount = €1.
- In your production, you may use a large selection of goods but, on a daily basis, you order only a small portion of it. To improve the system performance, check Delete null strings in internal orders for items and products. Once saved, your internal order will have unwanted items removed. To order some more items, create a new order.
In the Invoice settings block, enable auto-population of fields of a new invoice based on the most recent purchase (or expenditure) invoice registered in the system and allow to key in the product name in the invoice using the supplier’s product name (or code):
- When you select a product in the new invoice and the Use LIFO price item is checked, the Price field will be auto-populated with the most recent purchase invoice data.
- If the Use date of the most recent invoice item is checked, the Date and time of product receipt/release field of a new invoice will be auto-populated with the most recent invoice data.
- If the Use storage according to the most recent invoice item is checked, the Record as received in storage/Ship from storage field in the new invoice will be auto-populated with the most recent invoice data.
- Check Use supplier's products only if the “supplier's products - our products” alignment has been carried out. Then, when you key in the suppliers’ products, the “Our item name” (“Our code”) fields will be auto-populated. For how to set up this correspondence, see the Supplied Goods article.
- Check the Invoice No. is required item to make Commercial invoice the required field at the time of purchase invoice creation. Moreover, if you leave the field blank, the system won’t let you save the invoice. The setting does not replicate in RMS and applies to the documents created in iikoChain.
- In the Default algorithm for service cost calculation drop-down menu, select the way the service cost will be included in the item price. The overhead will be automatically calculated according to this algorithm if an invoice contains the service that does not participate in stock movements. For more details on how to include the cost of service in the product price, see the Purchase invoice article.
Select the accounts in the Expenditure invoice revenue account (for internal transfers) and Expense account (for internal transfers) fields that, by default, would be used for auto-population in the expenditure invoice in case of the internal transfer in two documents. If an expenditure invoice is created automatically, the system would populate the fields. But if you create the invoice manually, you will be prompted to use default accounts at the selection of an internal contractor.
Work Time Management
On the Work time management tab, follow this:
- Specify Average work hours per month. 170 hours is set by default.
- Specify if you need to create bound attendance automatically (Always, Never, or Ask). “Always” is set by default. In this case, if an employee is assigned a non-working shift (for example, if he or she is on vacation or sick), an attendance with off-hours will be created automatically.
- Specify the Lock date. The system locks the schedule and employees’ attendance up to this date.
In the Advanced settings block, you may enable the Restrict work in the departments option. In this case, an employee may work (log in to iikoFront) only in those subdivisions that are specified in their card on the Additional information tab. If unchecked, employees may work in all chain outlets.
If you want your employees to work according to a specific schedule, i.e., able to sign in to iikoFront only during their shift hours, check the Strict accordance to schedule item.
If the Strict accordance to schedule is enabled:
- An employee who has the “By Schedule” work schedule is able to clock in with iikoFront only during the time of his/her shift (see Assigning Shifts). During the rest of the time, he or she is not able to clock in.
- An employee with the “Salary” or “Flexible” schedule is able to clock in at any time. But if the staffer clocks in outside of his or her assigned shift, they are required to swipe a card with the “Confirm unscheduled attendance” (F_CWAUS) permission.
- If an employee has several roles, he/she is able to switch back and forth when in iikoFront. A role is unavailable if it has the “By schedule” schedule and the employee has no shifts assigned at the moment.
- If an employee holds several roles, he or she has only those permissions that are provided under the current role in iikoFront, and individual permissions if any.
For instance, an employee holds two roles: A manager with the “Salary” schedule and a cashier with the “By schedule” schedule. The employee has a “Cashier” shift assigned for today from 8:00 AM to 1:00 PM. And a “Manager” shift from 2:00 PM to 6:00 PM.
The employee signs in to iikoFront at 8:00 AM and wants to clock in. He or she is free to choose one of the two roles. He or she chooses the Cashier and clocks in. After that, the employee is able to switch to the Manager’s role, but they have to swipe a card with the “Confirm unscheduled attendance” (F_CWAUS) permission. At 1:00 PM, the employee clocks out as a Cashier.
At 2:00 PM, clocks in as a Manager. The Cashier role is no longer available as there is no such shift scheduled at this time.
If the employee has both roles with the “Flexible” or “Wages” schedule or combined configured, he/she is able to clock in or toggle between the roles at any time. But if there is no such shift scheduled, one has to swipe a card with the “Confirm the work at a position out of schedule” (F_CWAUS) permission.
When the Strict accordance to schedule setting is disabled:
- If an employee holds several roles, then he or she clocks in and gets paid under the role set by default. In which case, the employee is unable to change the role.
- In iikoFront, he or she has permissions of all assigned roles, as well as individual permissions.
In the Close attendance automatically in field, specify how many days shall pass before the system would close the attendance if an employee forgets to do it in iikoFront. The system would close the attendance at 11:00 PM of the same day when the specified number of days passes.
On the Plan/Actual tab, specify accounts you want to include in the Yearly Plan/Actual Analysis.