A delivery order is registered at the call center and then automatically appears at the specified point of production. If necessary, the order can be modified, moved to another outlet or deleted (see Making Changes to an Order). You can take an order to be picked up by a customer (see Collection orders).
To create a new delivery order, follow this:
- Try to find the customer in the Delivery Customers reference book. For this, enter the customer's details in the Search box. For example, the phone number or name. See also Client reference book.
- If the customer has been found, select them in the list and click Create delivery (or select the appropriate item from the shortcut menu). The delivery card is populated with details entered for this customer in the customer reference book.
- Information entered in the search field is used if the search for an existing customer fails and a delivery is created for a new customer. You will not have to enter the information again. If entered correctly, the phone number will be recorded in the relevant delivery field. If other information is entered, for example, the customer's name, this line is recorded in the appropriate field. To do this, click Create delivery in the list where nothing is found (the search field appears red). The delivery card with the phone number or customer name opens.
- You can also create a delivery for a new customer in Delivery | Deliveries. Click Create – Create delivery for new customer. This will display an empty delivery card. Enter the information on the new customer. It may match the details of an existing customer. In this case, when sending the order to the outlet, the system will prompt you to use the found existing customer rather than create a new one. If you agree to place the order for the found customer, click "Yes." To create a new customer, click "No."
Click Delivery | Deliveries | Create | Go to list of customers, select a customer and take the order.
- Specify the customer and delivery details (see Customer and delivery details). The customer may be blacklisted (see Customer Blacklist).
- In Point of Production, specify the outlet to fulfill the order (for details, see Assigning orders to outlets).
- Specify order items (see Order items). At the customer's request, an order can be split among several customers (see Splitting the bill).
- Perform order payment (see Order payment). The customer may be a participant of the Plazius bonus program (see Plazius for delivery customers). The customer may be granted a discount (see Discounts and surcharges).
- When all the information about the order has been specified, forward the order to a production point by clicking Save at point of production. If the customer changes their mind, click Exit.
Items can be automatically added to an order that is being saved to an outlet (see Auto-add items).
The saved order will be given on the delivery list with the “Time to cook” status assigned (see also Order Statuses).
A message that a delivery order has been created will appear on the delivery terminal (at the outlet): delivery number and the time and date the delivery is scheduled for (see also Notifications from Call Center).
Once an order is taken, a call center operator is able to monitor its further processing (see Delivery Processing Control). If required, an operator processing an order may be changed even after closing the order. This can done by an employee that has the “Appoint or change delivery operator” (D_CO) permission.
A delivery that requires attention is marked as problematic (see Problem control). See also Conflict situation.