Control & Change Attendance
You can check which of your employees have open shifts and when they started, as well as view their attendance for a particular date. For this, tap > Edit attendance. In the new window, you can change and accept the attendance of an employee, go to his or her personal page, or start their shift.
By default, the Attendance viewing window displays current day details based on the actual clock-in time of all employees, their scheduled shifts, as well as their accounted working hours. The date in question can be selected by tapping the < or > buttons or using the calendar that opens when you click on the date button.
The attendance view window shows the list of employees and the information on their attendance and shifts. The system will display the following information on each employee as of the selected day:
- Name and position.
- Attendance duration (to the right of the employee's name).
- Accepted (Clock-in, Clock-out). Confirmed clock-in and clock-out time. Multiple attendances can be registered. If the shift is not closed, the Clock-out field will have the dash sign; if no attendance was registered during the day in question, it will show No attendance. The clock-in/clock-out time that falls beyond the specified day will be asterisked.
- Credited (Time, Type). Credited working hours within this attendance and the accounting rule (see below).
- Schedule (Clock-in, Clock-out). Start and end of the scheduled shift(s) or there are No scheduled shifts.
- Note. Reasons for penalties, e.g., Late clock-in, Early clock-out, or No-show.
Attendance details are given in different colors.
- Accepted attendances are green.
- Open attendances are yellow.
- Problematic attendances (e.g. late clock-in, no-show, out of schedule, overtime) are pink.
- Comments on problematic attendances are red.
You can group/ungroup the list of employees by position. For this, tap Group. The button will turn yellow if tapped, and the list will be grouped.
At the upper left of the table, you can see the buttons for filtering data by attendances and shifts. Below, you can see the All Positions button and the buttons with position names. To the left of the name, you can see the number of employees holding this position. These buttons are designed to filter data by position.
By default, the system shows all attendances—the All attendances button is activated. To filter the data by clocked in or out employees, tap the corresponding button. Along with the filter by attendance (All/Open/Closed Attendances), you can set additional conditions for selecting the employees with attendance or assigned shifts (Attendance available and Shifts available in the schedule buttons).
You can filter out unnecessary positions by tapping the name buttons. Such buttons will be unactivated (gray). To go back to the information on all employees, click All Positions and position buttons will be highlighted in yellow.
Select the date in the attendance view window. To accept the attendance of an employee, click on the corresponding row.
The SCHEDULE area in the upper part of the pop-up window shows some details on the shift(s) scheduled for this day, as well as penalty reasons or no-shows if any.
The ATTENDANCE area below shows the actual and accepted attendance hours for that day:
- ACTUAL HOURS. Clock-in and clock-out time. If the shift is open, the Clock-out field will have a dash. The clock-in/clock-out time that falls beyond the specified day will be asterisked. If the attendance was manually created by a manager, this field will be blank.
If an employee has not yet clocked out, this attendance cannot be accepted. For this, you have to force close such a shift by tapping Close open attendances and only then accept it.
- ACCEPTED. Confirmed clock-in and clock-out hours. Multiple attendances can be registered. If the shift is open, the Clock-out field will have a dash.
- ACCEPTANCE RULE. Work time management rule. The following options are available:
- On schedule. Only that portion of the accepted time will be credited, which falls within at least one scheduled shift.
- By time. The entire accepted time will be credited.
- Do not accept. Attendance will not be accepted.
Depending on the work schedule of an employee (By schedule or Flexible), the ACCEPTANCE RULE column will have the On schedule or By time buttons available. If an employee works according to schedule, their work hours may be either accepted within the schedule or not accepted at all. In the case of a flexible schedule, it can be accepted by time or not accepted at all.
To credit work hours for a given attendance, select the required work time management rule by successively tapping the On schedule/By time and Do not accept buttons.
- HOURS ACCEPTED. Credited work hours within the attendance.
At the bottom right, you can see the total number of credited hours for the employee’s attendance on the specified date. Once you change employee's attendance, tap OK.
If the attendance hours or total hours of the employee's attendance registered in the accounting day exceeds the maximum permissible value, the system will display an error message at the time of confirmation.
The maximum shift hours can be set on the Work Time Management tab of the Outlet Settings in iikoOffice.
If an employee left work without putting this fact on record, you can force them to clock out.
- In the attendance editing window, tap Close open attendances and swipe a card with the “Force clock out” (F_KIS) permission assigned.
- The system will put the current time in the Clock-out field of the ACTUAL HOURS column. If several shifts are open, then when you close them, they will be combined into a single attendance with the maximum duration.
You can close or open any employee’s shift from his or her personal page. For this, tap the Personal Page button. See the Personal Page article.
If necessary, you can add one or more attendances for an employee as of the specific date.
- In the attendance editing window, tap Add attendance and swipe a card with the “Force clock out” (F_KIS) permission assigned.
- In the pop-up window, set the required start and end time. You can specify the start time and duration, and the end time will be set automatically. When setting the time, use the up/down arrows and the digit buttons. Use the on-screen keyboard to add a comment.
- If required, enter your comment and tap OK.
- After adding all the necessary clock-ins for the specified date, tap OK.
You can change the attendance as of the selected date.
- In the attendance editing window, tap the date in question in the ACCEPTED column.
- In the pop-up window, set the required start and end time.
- If required, enter your comment and tap OK.
- Once all set, tap OK.
If necessary, you can cancel the employee’s attendance as of the selected date.
- In the attendance editing window, tap the attendance in question in the ACCEPTED column.
- In the pop-up window, tap Delete attendance.
- Confirm the deletion by tapping OK.
- Once deleted, tap OK.
From the attendance editing window, you can go to the employee’s personal page and check how much they earned within the confirmed time and force their shift to close or open.
You get updates on the clock-in/clock-out time of each employee, as well as edit their attendance in iikoOffice.
Recording Work Hours
Attendance information is transferred from iikoFront to the server and is given in the iikoOffice attendance log. If there are many POS terminals in use and employees forget to clock out, open attendances may accumulate on the server, which may cause the system to fail.
In this case, you can disable the data exchange. For this, go to Tools > Emergency operations and tap Do not use terminal to register work hours. When you enable or disable this option, personal shifts open on this terminal will be automatically closed and they will not be saved on the server. The current user will be clocked out and the terminal locked. To enable the work hours logging, you have to have the “Force clock-out” permission.
If you have been vested with the appropriate permissions, you can run and print the Employee Attendance report as of the accounting day or period. For this, go to the Advanced Menu, tap Reports and select Custom Reports > Employee Attendance.
On the right-hand side of the screen, you can see the report that shows attendance (and comments if left by the manager) as of the accounting day on all the terminals. You can set the report date or period and specify whether you want the report include unclosed attendances, attendances that began before the period, and attendances that ended after the period. The attendance start/end time which exceeds the specified period will be asterisked.