To take a new order:
- Tap on any free table on your work screen. If you take an order under the By Waiter mode, the floor plan will open. Tap on the table your new guests have chosen. For how to select several tables at a time, please refer to the Selecting Multiple Tables article.
- Count your guests and put the number in the pop-up window. If the group includes more than eight guests, tap “...”, enter the number and tap OK. Your order may include 50 customers at the most. The number of guests in the order is used in the sales statistics. Therefore, you need to put it on record if the number of guests increases. For details, see Changing the Number of Guests.
To disable this option, uncheck the Enter the number of guests item in the section settings.
|If the system so configured that changing of the number of guests is restricted, the operation has to be confirmed by the manager with the “Change the number of guests” (F_CGC) permission.|
- If a menu item has a barcode and you have a scanner to read it, scan the barcode. If the barcode is read successfully, an item will be added to the order. You can increase the number of portions of a meal by rescanning the barcode.
An item record may contain multiple barcodes. Use any of the barcodes to add an item.
|An item will be added to the order only if the barcode is specified in its stock list record or a weighed item is properly configured. When you read a weighed item’s barcode, the weight is determined automatically. For how to print a barcode, please check the Barcode Labels article.|
- If you have no scanner or it doesn’t work, add an item manually or find it by code or SKU.
- You can also specify the type of service. This parameter is used as an analytical attribute in reports and may determine the tax rate.
- If an order a high priority and has to be cooked in the first place, tap the Top priority button. This parameter has nothing to do with courses and has a higher priority as compared with the VIP course. This button is available only if you use a Kitchen Screen.
This top-priority order will be given on top of the list and will be highlighted in red. If there is more than one such order, all other conditions being equal, they will be displayed in the order they were taken.
- Once an order is taken, send it to the kitchen or bar by tapping PRINT. You can send the order in full or just individual items. For this, select them, tap PRINT and, in the pop-up window, choose Selected. For how to select menu items, see the Work Windows article.
Once the order is sent to the kitchen, the cooking begins, and you will see the time elapsed opposite each item. The maximum item cooking time is specified in the item preparation chart in iikoOffice. The cooking time begins when an item is printed to the kitchen.
If an order has a course specified, then, once you send it to the kitchen, the time will only appear opposite the first course items. To signal a chef that he or she needs to start cooking the next course, tap on it and specify the items to be prepared.
- Once an item is served, tap on the cooking time opposite this item. You will see the price again, and the item will become inactive.
- If a guest is entitled to a discount or is subject to a surcharge, tap Discount/Surcharge, select Discount in the pop-up window and swipe a discount card or select a discount/surcharge manually. If you key in the discount manually, this operation must be confirmed by the card of a responsible employee.
For more details on how to apply discounts, see the Discount & Surcharges article.
|Once a guest bill is printed, you cannot apply a discount or surcharge. An employee who has the “Cancel guest bill” (F_CCB) permission has to cancel such a guest bill.|
- Your guests are done with their meal and ask for a bill? Tap GUEST BILL and print out the bill for your guests. The order becomes available for processing and is highlighted in red on the floor plan. If so configured in iikoOffice, the system will prompt you to confirm the printing when you tap GUEST BILL. If so configured in iikoOffice, the cashier will have orders without printing service tickets and guest bills available.
|If you do not print the order by tapping PRINT but will print a guest bill instead, a kitchen ticket will still be printed.|
A guest may pay for an order and then linger and decide to order something else. Tap on the guest's table and the Additional Order button and then take the order as usual. There is no need to specify the number of guests as you did this in the first place. The system registers the total number of follow-up orders. This helps to calculate an average spent per guest and the total number of guests at the venue properly.
This option can be set up using the Merge orders of one guest parameter in the section settings in iikoOffice.
While in the restaurant mode, a bartender can quickly take an order by switching to the Quick Receipt mode. It is similar to the Fast Food mode. In this mode, you don’t need to specify the number of guests and the table number. The bartender can easily switch back to the regular mode to serve regular guests spending a longer time at the bar. This option is also useful for outlets that change their service approach throughout the day: in the afternoon, guests are served at the counter in the fast food mode, but, in the evening, guests are served at the table in the restaurant mode.
To take a quick order:
- Tap and then the QUICK RECEIPT button in the bottom. You will be taken straight to the order window without the requirement to enter the number of guests and the table number. To return to the normal mode, tap BACK in the order window.
- Take the order and tap CASH REGISTER.
- Take the payment as usual.