At your venue, you can provide discounts and issue discount cards to your guests. Your guests may receive discounts during several “happy hours.” You can set the system so that a discount can be given on all menu items in the order even if a guest started ordering during the “happy hour” and finished when it was already ever, or on those items that the guest managed to order during the “happy hour” only. Discounts may be provided as a percentage of the order price or as a fixed euro amount.
The “Rounding in guest’s favor” is an automatic discount designed to register cents at the time of rounding order amounts and used to set up the Rounding in Guest’s Favor service fee. Its properties are not editable and it cannot be removed.
The ability to provide discounts for orders using club cards is also defined by the equipment settings already specified by default in iikoOffice – a Card Processing virtual device is registered including the Club Cards driver (see the Discount System article). Therefore, this setting should not be deleted.
Set up a list of possible discounts and surcharges.
- In the Discount System menu select Discounts and Surcharges.
- Click Add and enter discount parameters:
- Enter the discount name in the system and the name to be printed on the bill.
- Specify the discount type – “Discounts and Surcharges.”
- Check Manually confirm the discount selection if there are other discounts if necessary.
- The outlet may use different discount programs that should automatically apply at a certain time on certain days of the week. Check Apply in the following period only and set periods of discount validity.
You can set up more than one period for a discount. For example, a 50% discount is active from 10:00PM Friday to 04:00AM Saturday. Set two periods: 10:00PM to 11:59PM for Friday and 12:00AM to 4:00AM for Saturday.
- Set the order amount restriction by checking Apply if the order amount is at least and specifying the minimum amount which will trigger the discount.
- Select a discount provision method by time. If Apply by first item printing time is set, the system checks the interval from the printing of the first item to the printing of a guest bill (if a guest bill was not printed—to the time of payment). If it overlaps “happy hour”, the discount applies to all items in the order.
If Apply by each item printing time is set, the system checks the print time of every item. If it overlaps “happy hour”, the discount applies to this item.
The discount does not apply to items printed outside of “happy hour.” Reprinting of an item does not affect the discount. If you split an item, each part has the same print time as the item. If you use courses, the system registers the printing time of the first kitchen ticket rather than serving ticket. A discount may also apply to a banquet order; the system registers its printing time.
- Click Next.
Main discount parameters
- Specify all possible methods to apply a discount:
- A discount can be selected manually or by swiping a card when an order is paid in iikoFront.
If Can be set by card is checked, a discount will be available when you enter discount cards. If Can be set manually is checked, a discount will be available in iikoFront when you set a discount for a certain order.
If you want a discount to be applied automatically, check Set automatically when you take an order in iikoFront in the specified days and hours.
To select a discount manually, you need to have the “Set surcharge or discount for order” (F_ID) permission; and to select by swiping of a card ‒ the “Set surcharge or discount by guest card” (F_IDGC) permission.
- Use the Print numbers field to specify the number of digits of a guest card No. (if discount is provided by card) to be printed on a bill.
- A server may provide a discount on an individual item or modifier at his or her own discretion. Such a discount is configured by means of the Item choice at waiter's discretion parameter.
- Additionally, you can restrict restaurant areas (sections) where this discount is provided. For this, you need to check the required sections in the Places of sales where the discount is applied block.
- If you check the Can be used with other discounts field, you can combine this discount with other discounts in the order.
|| Fixed amount discounts are combined with other discounts regardless of the Can be used with other discounts setting. Therefore, this setting is used only for percentage discounts.
Discounts apply separately to each order item. Suppose there are discounts that may not combine with other ones: 10% on bar items and 20% on kitchen items. If an order contains both bar and kitchen items, then each type of items shall have its own discount applied.
If an order contains an item with several discounts extended to, then an item will have ALL compatible and ONE incompatible discounts applied.
Suppose there are certain discounts configured: 10% on alcoholic drinks and tobacco (incompatible), 20% on kitchen items and alcoholic drinks (incompatible) and 5% on alcoholic drinks (compatible). So, the alcoholic drinks will have a 20% and a 5% discounts applied (the larger incompatible discount is used).
- Select the Service mode where discount applies: Regular order, Delivery, or Customer pickup (collection). A service mode is linked with the order type. A discount is available in the orders the type of which corresponds to the selected service mode.
- If the VAT included in the cost of items item is unchecked on the Accounting Settings tab of the outlet settings, specify if you need to include a discount when calculating VAT. By default, the Apply discount at the VAT calculation excluded from cost item is checked, which means that VAT is estimated after the discount.
- Click Next.
Methods of discount application
- Specify the type and amount of the discount:
- Percentage. Specify the discount as a percentage of the order price.
- Fixed amount. Specify the amount to be automatically subtracted from the order price. Or check the Specify amount in iikoFront item to be able to enter the discount amount at POS.
- A discount may be common to all item categories or individual.
- If a discount is common to all categories, then the Apply to all item categories item must be checked (“Discount” is selected in the Type field) and percentage specified in the Discount rate field.
- To set a discount for a certain item category, you need to uncheck the Apply to all item categories field. After this, select “Discount” opposite each category in the Type column (or leave it “Not applicable” if a discount does not apply to a category) and specify its value in the Percentage column.
- The discount calculation method is specified in the Application method block. Various discounts can be applied in a different order. Some discounts always apply to the bill amount. In this is the case, check the To the full amount of order item. Other discounts apply to the resulting amount after higher priority discounts. Check With other discounts and specify the order, according to which discounts apply, in the Priority field.
- If necessary, you can enter additional information about this discount in the Comment field.
- Click Next.
Amount and type of a discount
- Activate a discount by clicking OK.
The surcharge is created the same way, but you have to select “Surcharge” in the Type field when choosing the type and amount.
Discounts and Payment Types Compatibility
iiko allows you to link the application of discounts with payment types, which means that a discount does not apply if an order is paid using a certain method. This can be specified when you set up the discount system (Discount System > Discounts and Surcharges).
The discount system setup window contains a table showing the compatibility of discounts to payment types. A list of discount types is given vertically, while the list of payment types is shown horizontally. If the intersection of the discount row and the payment type column is checked, it makes these payment parameters compatible (i.e. when paying using this method, a discount applies). All discounts are compatible with all payment types by default – all table cells are checked. For incompatible parameters, you must uncheck corresponding table cells.
If all existing discounts can (cannot) be used with a certain payment method, you have to right-click on the column and choose Select all (Remove all). In the column with the selected payment type, all cells will be checked (unchecked).
If at the time of order taking in iikoFront, a discount with certain payment method restrictions is specified, only allowed payment methods will be available in the payment window.