Outlet settings include general interface settings, information to be printed on guest bills, reservation parameters, etc., as well as inventory management and accounting settings. Points of sale and dish production places – basic information for configuring an outlet – must be specified for each outlet (for details, see Outlet Configuration Setup).
Outlet groups and sections which correspond to points of sale and places of production are displayed as tree elements on the left-hand side of the Outlet Settings window which can be minimized or maximized by clicking and .
We recommend that you create all groups and sections first and then customise them.
Select Administration | Outlet Settings to open a window with the following tabs:
- General settings – contains fields to specify an outlet's details, customize the program interface, reservation parameters, etc.
- Accounting settings – on this tab, one may set an outlet's business hours, VAT accounting parameters, invoice creation settings and document posting time to be inserted automatically.
- Terminals and devices – use this tab to bind printers to certain terminals (additional configuration setting).
- Currency – contains fields to specify financial accounting units.
- Till shifts – use this tab to specify system actions when till shifts are closed or opened (e.g. you can specify that all open orders must be automatically transferred to the next shift).
- Daily performance record – these settings define the attendance acceptance procedure when a transaction day is being closed.
- Error notifications – use this tab to customize system error messages sent to the developers.
- Document numbering – use this tab to select a template that will be used in the future to automatically generate numbers for inventory documents created.
- Kitchen screen – the tab used to configure iikoSousChef modes. This setting is used if certain sections of an outlet use special kitchen terminal to notify a kitchen of orders (iikoSousChef). Use of a kitchen screen mode is outlined in the iikoFront User Guide.